Driving directions from Ainley Top Roundabout
- From Ainley Top Roundabout take exit for A643 signposted for Rochdale
- At Outlane Roundabout take 3rd exit signposted A640 for Rochdale
- Stay on A640 for approx 1 mile. Take left turn onto Round Ings Road signposted Scapegoat Hill (also Pennine Manor Hotel).
- Stay on Round Ings Road until you come to a T junction. At the junction turn right onto Slaithwaite Gate.
- At the crossroads turn left onto Pike Law Road.
- As you reach the centre of the village, take a left turn onto Leymoor Road followed by an immediate right turn onto Manor Road. (There is a Café on the corner).
- On Manor Road turn left into the carpark of Manor Road Junior & Infant School. (Parking only available after 6pm on weekdays and on weekends).
Driving directions from Huddersfield Town Centre
- Leave Huddersfield Ring Road following signs for the A62 signed posted for Oldham.
- After aproximately 2 miles, take a right turn onto Whitely Street, B6111 also sign posted Golcar.
- Follow the B6111 down into the centre of Milnsbridge. Traffic is filtered into a one way system along Yates Lane. There are two lanes, take up the right hand lane and take a right turn at the end of Yates Lane. Immediately take up the left lane.
- Follow the left lane across the bridge and at the traffic lights turn left onto Scar Lane.
- Continue up Scar Lane for approximately 1 mile (you will pass 2 mini-roundabouts & Junction One Pub).
- When you reach the centre of Golcar you should pass the Co-operative Food Store on your left. Take a right turn onto Leymoor Road followed by an immediate right turn onto Manor Road.
- On Manor Road turn left into the carpark of Manor Road Junior & Infact School. (Parking only available after 6pm on weekdays and on weekends).
Golcar Scout and Community Centre is easily accessible by Huddersfield Town Centre. There are two main bus routes which run through the centre of Golcar – Town End.
Services 301 and 302 (there are also 301a and 302a varients, but are all the same routes) travel circular routes around Golcar. These services run aproximately every 20 minutes.
Services 303 and 304 also pass through the centre of Golcar but travel further afield, but can also be used for travelling to the centre and getting off in the centre of the village. These services run aproximately every hour.